Sunday, September 4, 2011

Carpe Diem

If Jesus asks you to follow Him today, what would your response be? 

He said, "Certainly, but first excuse me for a couple of days, please. I have to make arrangements for my father's funeral." (Luke 9:59, The Message)

Would you immediately get up and follow Jesus or would you first make sure that you get permission from your boss? Or that your bills are paid for the month? Or maybe make sure that you get to Tweet: "Following Jesus now! Woohoo!"

Then another said, "I'm ready to follow you, Master, but first excuse me while I get things straightened out at home. (Luke 9:61, The Message)

There is no excuse for not obeying God immediately. It doesn't matter if you've recently just met Christ, or if you just repented a 20-year-running sin. Once you've said yes to Jesus, it's an all or nothing deal. 

It took me several years to follow Jesus. I met Him long ago but I took my precious time delaying because I did not want to give up a lot of the sins that I was holding on to. But postponing it only gave me stress, guilt and my life was in total chaos. What's worse is that God also delayed His blessings. 

But the moment I decided to say yes, mean it and drop everything for Him, everything (and I mean every little detail of my life) turned the right direction. God provided for everything I needed to grow in Him and He sent me people I needed to be with. I have been in awe since that day, and I still am up until today. 

Jesus said, "No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day. (Luke 9:62, The Message)
So what's stopping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment