Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mind Your Own Business

"If I want him to live until I come again, what's that to you? You—follow me." ~Jesus, John 21:22 (The Message)
Jesus wants us to mind our own business. We don't question why that particular friend still can't come to church; or why he's still drinking and smoking when you saw him raise his hand in worship the other day. We don't ask God why He wants us to give up this relationship when the another person with the exact same situation still hasn't given up his. Jesus wants us to just mind our own business.

He deals with each one of us differently because we have different hearts, different situations, different needs. One thing that worked for you may not exactly work for someone else. God longs to have a personal encounter with each and everyone of us and that's when He deals with our hearts.

This message came to me not when I was looking at a friend with envy but when I couldn't obey the Lord because I feel that a friend of mine needs help. We have the same issues, same problems, same struggles however I "found" Christ first. I had a revelation before she did and I felt like I needed to show her the way. But Jesus clearly asked me, "What's that to you? You -- follow me." I couldn't completely obey because I felt that my friend was my responsibility. Again, I was wrong. I completely let go of my friend, surrendered her to God and let Him take full control of our lives. And He (again) showed me how in control He is.

So if you feel that the Christian walk of the people around you is your responsibility, ask God for help. You're only role is to point them toward the direction of Jesus and He will be faithful to nourish the seed that you planted. Mind your own business. You -- follow me, He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment