Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let Go and Let God

I am in a season in my life wherein I don't have anything -- I resigned from a high paying job in exchange for one that pays me enough to have coffee every Monday when I meet with my small group, I can't go out with my old friends because I don't have the budget for our usual dinner plus movie plus coffee night outs, I was forced to quit a habit that was my security for decades now and I recently let go of a long running relationship that wasn't pleasing to God (meaning I lost the one person who I rely on the most -- the only person I trust and run to for anything).

Since I've lost everything in my life, one can conclude how unhappy I must be right now. Wrong. On the contrary, I've never been this happy before. Wait, no, I'm not happy -- I AM JOYFUL. God will take away everything in your life if it would make you realize that He is all you need. And that's exactly what happened to me.
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. (Philippians 4:19, The Msg)
God took me away from my busy schedule so I have more time to read His Word and meditate on His revelations. He replaced my bad habits with fruitful ones and I've never been the same again. I may not see my old friends often but God replaced them with new ones who I fell in love with instantaneously. I may not have the budget to go out as much as I want to but I'm surprised to realize that I've been having coffee, dinner and going out to movies for free. God has been blessing people who in turn blesses me. And God may have asked me to let go of the most important person in my life because He needed my hands free when He hands me out the right person --- the one who I will spend the rest of my life with. I am just so amazed at God's grace and blessings. I know He's real. I am experiencing Him first hand.
Then He told them what they could expect for themselves: "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat -- I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how.  (Luke 9:24, The Msg)
What's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment