Monday, September 26, 2011

Guess Who's Watching You

Have you ever felt tired of serving just because nobody notices what you do? My former boss, Kitkat, the best boss in the world, was never stingy on commendation. She notices even the littlest of my accomplishments and improvements at work and commends it immediately. This helped boost my morale and inspired me more to do better.

But what if no one spots your achievement? What if you continue working in your own little space, make very good progress yet at the end of the day no one notices? Ministry life can also be like this. Workers can go unappreciated by the very people you serve in the name of the Lord.

Well, I have great news for you. While the people around you may not be aware of what you do, God is watching you. He knows.
I have better things in mind for you -- salvation things! God doesn't miss anything. He knows perfectly well all the love you've shown him by helping needy Christians, and that you keep at it. (Hebrews 6:10, MSG)
God sees what you do, He knows the intention of your heart and He is proud of you. I would personally like the God of all creation to be proud of me than get the approval of the people around me.
And now I want each of you to extend that same intensity toward a full-bodied hope, and keep at it till the finish. Don't drag your feet. Be like those who stay the course with committed faith and then get everything promised to them. (Hebrews 6:11-12, MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment