Thursday, September 8, 2011

Watch Your Mouth

Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. (Ephesians 4:29, NLT)
In one way or the other, I know that I have said some things to some people that I shouldn't have. As a team manager, it is my responsibility to  encourage my members to do best in their jobs. But there are times when it's really difficult specially when I know I am right and they are not.

But the Bible didn't say don't use foul or abusive language UNLESS you know what you say is true. It says let EVERYTHING you say be good and helpful and to use words as encouragement to those who hear them. But sometimes when people make mistakes we just can't say anything right. And in that case, it's best not to say anything at all, at the moment. Especially if you only feel like hurting the person -- take the concern to God, ask Him for grace and the heart to forgive and then talk to the person involved. It's okay to get angry and to say the truth but make sure we back it up with encouragement afterwards. I, personally can't leave anyone knowing that they messed up period. I want them to also know that they are forgiven and that there is something we can do about it. I definitely want to hear those things if I'm the one who created a boo-boo.


3 comments:

  1. officially adding you on my blog list...
    Thanks for this one Eka...


    Found my soul muffin... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melai! Will try to update daily devotion as much as I can. Glad that it encourages you :)
    By the way, our small group misses you! Will continue praying for you and for God's plans for your life. Take care always!

    ReplyDelete