Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Commit to Stay


I don't like waiting. I don't like sitting around doing nothing. But when my sister was studying for her medical board exams, she'd spent hours and hours in a coffee shop where it's quiet. And I tag along whenever I can. 

You see, she lives in her dormitory, far from home and I miss her so much so whenever I get the chance I'd hang out with her even when I'm not allowed to disturb her when she studies. I hate waiting, but I love being with her so sitting for hours, waiting, becomes bearable. More than anything, I just want to be with her. 

This should be our attitude towards God. Persistent. Unwavering. Determined. That even when what He's doing does not make sense at all, we still want to be with Him.  Not letting go. 
I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. (John 15:9, The Msg)
We will never understand God's ways. He cannot be predicted and we can't put Him in a box. He will always surprise us, amaze us, keep us in awe.

But we will always have questions. We will always wonder and hope and pray and doubt and speculate. And God knows this that's why He urged us to just abide in His love.

God's ways will always be unfathomable but His love will forever be reliable. Remain devoted to Him.
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. (John 15:11, NIV)


Devoted by Citipointe

No comments:

Post a Comment